ch-scene - Re: Durham, NC: here comes Clear Channel

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Margaret Campbell <margaret_campbell AT mailblocks.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Durham, NC: here comes Clear Channel
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 05:11:05 -0700

What I'm finding interesting is the difference in the coverage of the N&O and
the H-S.
The N&O covered it as a done deal, with maybe even a hint of jealousy that
Durham got it, not Raleigh. They were close to flat-out cheerleading
H-S struck me as much more in touch with people who actually live here (what
a shock!). Lots of caveats and possible problems and people who say that
this might kill the arts scene in Durham, not save it.