ch-scene - Re: Durham, NC: here comes Clear Channel

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jason M. Sullivan" <jason AT krazykat.nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Durham, NC: here comes Clear Channel
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:56:24 GMT

In article <20040517195301.46693.qmail AT web40605.mail.yahoo.com>, James Hepler
wrote:

> [...] how big is Disco Rodeo? That's a terrible performance space.

Disco Rodeo used to have a shockingly bad website, but that seems to have
vanished. At an eyeball's guess I'd say almost a thousand. It's similar
in size to the Orange Peel in Asheville.

Which brings to mind a question: Why does Disco Rodeo suck so much and the
Orange Peel rule? They're similar sized venues, and (as a consumer of
entertainment), I found the OP to be better b/c it was cleaner, easier to
get around in, and sounded really good. They also seem to be getting
stupendous shows. Why can't DR be like that? What's bad from the
"Producer of Entertainment" side?

--
//// Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries