ch-scene - Re: Kill Apple Chill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Kill Apple Chill
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

i made the mistake of heading towards downtown sunday,
totally unaware. it was a huge clusterfuck, and took
me forever to get myself untangled and reroute myself.

the thing that struck me was that i had no idea.
i live here and had no idea that sunday was Apple
Chill. but from the anecdotal and admittedly
unreliable evidence of liscense plates, plenty of
folks from Virginia, South Carolina and Maryland knew
about it.

-5er

--- Mike Walters <mike AT mysterycircuits.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I remember 3 years ago it took me an hour and
> a half to get from
> the carwash on Weaver to my house on Brewer (like a
> mile). So I was
> going less than one mile per hour.
>
> It was nice though when I watched the news at 11
> last night, and they
> said "Today was Apple Chill", I thought wow it's a
> good thing I didn't
> leave the house today :)
>
> -Mike Walters
> www.mysterycircuits.com
>
> jcmidrange AT yahoo.com (Rawls) wrote in message

news:<20040419014449.15301.qmail AT web13803.mail.yahoo.com>...
> > I don't mean for this to be taken as a dis
> > towards any specific demographic or motorcycle
> > riders...well maybe as a slight towards certain
> police
> > officers and parking lot attendants getting an
> > attitude where there isn't really even a parking
> > lot... I seem to recall hearing last year about
> some
> > people who wanted to put a stop to Apple Chill.
> >
> > If there is indeed a petition to do so, put
> my
> > name on it. Why should we allow any part of the
> > Triangle even for just a day, to become Myrtle
> Beach?
> > Send that shit to Fayetteville or something.
> >
> > Nothing like getting yelled at by cops for
> > parking at a space I've parked at thousands of
> times
> > before.
> >
> > So apparently over the years, I just haven't
> had
> > any reason to be around Franklin St while this
> Apple
> > Chill thing was going on and never really noticed
> it,
> > but that wasn't the case today. I was looking
> forward
> > to watching the wrestling pay per view at the
> buffalo
> > wings place, but that's hard to do when you can't
> > physically get to the place. So until a subway is
> > built and I won't need a car to get around...don't
> > fuck with me when I'm trying to go watch the
> wrestling
> > pay per view!
> >
> > Rawls

> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
> alt.music.chapel-hill --

=====
"A boy wants a car from his dad.
Dad says, first you got to cut that hair.
Boys says, hey dad Jesus had long hair.
Dad says, That's right son, and Jesus walked everywhere."
- David Berman/The Silver Jews