cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] any examples of how to attribute?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] any examples of how to attribute?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:26:18 -0800

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 18:06 -0800, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> How about a WOOF page? This would be good because it would be silly.

How about a 12303 page?

> I agree with this thinking. I think it's absolutely right. The only
> question in my mind is about how to get people to do it at all,

Well I've been asking people to do it for three years now, and it is
pretty near the bottom of everyone's task list, but still it
occasionally makes it in, and developers and companies are getting more
clueful about the web, and there are more 300F pages on the web every
day, even if a small number. I'm hopeful that Songbird (you should fly
up to SF for the CC party Songbird is hosting. :)) or imitators move
things along (Nathan is providing some code to help move things along).

> and
> then to do a good enough job for the page to actually be legally
> binding. For example, I think the page has to give the person's name,
> the date of the license grant, some specifics about the recording and
> composition.

The intention is to make the file case the same as the license on web
content case. Which is not to say licensors shouldn't be more specific
about what they are licensing generally.

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer