cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] any examples of how to attribute?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Lucas Gonze" <lucas.gonze AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] any examples of how to attribute?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 23:05:36 -0800

On 12/3/06, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 19:36 -0800, Lucas Gonze wrote:
There are some examples listed at

http://microformats.org/wiki/licensing-examples#Audio

Thanks, Mike.

Not a lot of people are doing it is the short answer.

That's what I suspected. I think that right now it just isn't
practical for musicians to figure out what a WOAF page might be.

I have been thinking about ways to make CC infrastructure profitable
for independent companies. There's a ton of work to be done, and some
of it would get done more quickly if there were a profit motive. For
example, it would be great if there were a business motivation to
build out CC licensing tools like WOAF pages.

-L