cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] any examples of how to attribute?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] any examples of how to attribute?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:50:30 -0500 (EST)

You can read how I show my attribution requirements for
Bounty Hunters here:

http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/bountyhunters.htm

It's on the first page, and looks like this:
:Copyright 2006 Greg London

:This work licensed under the CreativeCommons–Attribution license.
:The following information is provided for attribution purposes:
:Author's Name: Greg London
:Title of Work: Bounty Hunters

The CC-BY license says you must Attribute the information
"if provided", so I make a point of saying that it is "provided"
right here.

Also, URL attribution requires that the URL provided must point
to licensing information about the work, so I created a
special page on my website that simply lists all the licensing
information about the work. Again, Bounty Hunters URL
for attribution is here:

http://www.greglondon.com/cc/by/

You could probably point to a page that is more about the work
and less about the license, but I wanted to make sure the license
requirements were met. My attribution URL links to all the pages
readers my want to go to see the actual works, my home page, etc.