cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] CC Mixtape

  • From: Christian Villum <villum AT creativecommons.dk>
  • To: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] CC Mixtape
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 10:12:06 +0100

> Maybe we should go decentralised like this: Host the Compilation at FMA,
> OMC and elsewhere and channel people through a list of links to those
> mirror sites, the list being onĀ europe.creativecommmonc.org

Awesome idea.

-Christian

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM, John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de> wrote:
Am 04.12.2012 17:52, schrieb Christian Villum:
> Hi Yannick and Theresa,
>
> Great work.

+1

> I support Dec 12 as release date (as we have our Danish event on the
> 13th). This Friday (Dec 5) could also work, but it's a very tight
> deadline. As a record label manager, I speak from experience here ;)

well, CC10 Berlin is this Saturday and I'd love to be able to present
the Mixtape as well. Any objections?

That doesn't need to be the "official" release date of course - which
could/should be the climax of the celebration week, so Dec 12 is
probably quite right.

> One important question: Where should we host the files - CC HQ's server?
> There might be some substantial traffic if it reaches the big viral
> blogs (Boing Boing etc.), so it should be a server that can take the
> heat.

Maybe we should go decentralised like this: Host the Compilation at FMA,
OMC and elsewhere and channel people through a list of links to those
mirror sites, the list being on europe.creativecommmonc.org

Does that make sense?

Best
John