cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] CC Mixtape

  • From: Christian Villum <villum AT creativecommons.dk>
  • To: Teresa Nobre <teresaraposonobre AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] CC Mixtape
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 17:52:04 +0100

Hi Yannick and Theresa,

Great work.

I'll do a mockup of the cover and throw it out here on the list for people to evaluate. Alek, your guy is more than welcome to take a shot too. We'll let this list pick the final one or something like that?

GoogleDoc for the one-pager (pdf) with background information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DcGXwVBUTThU5d8uKovKUHS0_P-o2K3k7gE_p_7KDnU/edit
Please everyone feel free to add text.

I support Dec 12 as release date (as we have our Danish event on the 13th). This Friday (Dec 5) could also work, but it's a very tight deadline. As a record label manager, I speak from experience here ;)

One important question: Where should we host the files - CC HQ's server? There might be some substantial traffic if it reaches the big viral blogs (Boing Boing etc.), so it should be a server that can take the heat. Are there anyone from CC HQ here who could chip in on whether that is possible?
We could also use Soundcloud, but they only offer individual file download (which we of course should offer) - but not zip-file download. Zip file download is rather important as most people will probably prefer being able to download everything (music files, cover art, pdf etc.) by clicking only once.

Finally - ID3-tags! Let's make sure that the metadata in the music files are streamlined and have the license adequately stated.

-Christian
CC Denmark

www.creativecommons.dk