cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] draft letter to the CC Board on communication and governance

  • From: "Prodromos Tsiavos" <p.tsiavos AT lse.ac.uk>
  • To: "Alek Tarkowski" <alek AT creativecommons.pl>, "Paul Keller" <pk AT kl.nl>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] draft letter to the CC Board on communication and governance
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:16:09 +0200

Dear All,

I think we have a couple of interesting ideas floating and a very good letter to start with. All issues mentioned by John, Paul and Alek may be summarized in a single point: we need better communication between national CC projects and CC HQs so that all the knowledge existing in the national level is shared more effectively and efficiently with the board. I would also agree with Alek that the point is not to agree on a solution at this stage but rather point out the issues to the CC HQs. J.C.'s letter is a brilliant starting point but we need to incorporate amendments and agree on the content.

For those reasons, I would suggest that anyone having any comments regarding the text of the letter drafted by Juan Carlos, please send them on the list by Monday the 21st of April. I will also get in touch with Catharina to see if we could have a closed wiki ASAP where you could directly change the text. Once we agree on a final text then we should have another couple of weeks (maximum) for the approval by each CC Europe project and then send it to the CC HQs.

Though I agree that other CC projects should be involved in the discussion, I would strongly suggest we confine ourselves to the boundaries of CC Europe Working Group for the time being and if that process is successful, we may involve other CC projects as well.

Best wishes
pRo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alek Tarkowski" <alek AT creativecommons.pl>