cc-education - Re: [cc-education] A new hope for cc.edu

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: David Wiley <david.wiley AT gmail.com>
  • To: Greg London <email AT greglondon.com>
  • Cc: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] A new hope for cc.edu
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:54:44 -0700

On Apr 2, 2005 5:41 PM, Greg London <email AT greglondon.com> wrote:

> Commercial use by teachers doesn't fit CC-BY-NC-SA.
> What you propose isn't simply rebranding.

I am not a lawyer; however, I can assure you that the interpretation
of commercial use I offered before is the interpretation of MIT's
General Counsel (in the context of MIT OCW educational materials). The
entire MIT OCW initiative (1000 courses worth of materials) has been
operating for years now under that interpretation, and I can't believe
it's wrong.