cc-education - Re: [cc-education] A new hope for cc.edu

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: david.wiley AT usu.edu, "development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons" <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] A new hope for cc.edu
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:41:35 -0500 (EST)

David Wiley said:
> Noncommercial use means things like selling
> printed copies of the licensed works for profit.
> Use by teachers in classrooms, by students,
> and by people with no institutional affiliation
> is strongly encouraged.

Commercial use by teachers doesn't fit CC-BY-NC-SA.
What you propose isn't simply rebranding.

It would require a new license that would allow
commercial uses for educational purposes
but prohibit other commercial uses.

If you are willing to allow commercial use
for educational purposes, why exactly would
you prohibit other commercial uses?

Of course noncommercial doesn't