baslinux - [BL] patched kernel needed for dec hinote.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] patched kernel needed for dec hinote.
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:21:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.
Trying to use basiclinux on a dec hinote laptop. It needs a patched kernel to prevent a problem with the keyboard driver which crashes the mouse and keyboard in X. I tried various other bl3 kernels, and none solved the problem.

The patch I need is on this page.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021005200542/http://web.gnu.walfield.org/mail-archive/linux-kernel/1999-November/2155.html

I would like to do this from a virtual machine on my main computer, as the laptop is only a 486, and transfering the kernel source to it would be a pain. Is there any particular os that I should use? It seems like slackware 4 would give my best chance of success.

If anyone knows any other way to fix this I would be very glad to hear, as my software compile attempts often fail horribly, so I suspect I will struggle to make a kernel.