baslinux - Re: [BL] downloading Opera

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] downloading Opera
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:31:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I was going to ask which version of 9.64 to install, the GCC4 or the GCC295 version but I took a chance with GCC295 and it appears to be working fine.

You could experiment with the other version and report back. Is it bigger? You have to use kernel modules and kernel compiled with the same version of gcc but I never heard of this affecting programs. Some newer programs won't compile with older gcc. I compile with gcc 2.95.3 from Slackware 8.1 or 3.4.6 from Slackware 11.

Do you get the error message about XftConfig? If so, probably your fonts won't be what you think you selected. There seem to be two fonts (at least with Xvesa) that are seemingly randomly assigned to the ones listed.