baslinux - Re: [BL] downloading Opera

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] downloading Opera
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:19:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Sindi,

Your comments relating to Opera 9.64 and your Operalib package, do they relate to BL 2 or BL 3? If installing is your package in addition to the regular dependancy updates for Opera or are they in place of? Thanks.

(BTW, congrats on getting High Speed Internet access. That said, you can
stop rubbing it in now. :-) ).

I think I got Opera 9 working with both BL2 and BL3 - look at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/blfiles.htm for details.
My libraries are an alternate to Steven's package and instructions. (I think he has you install the entire glibc package from Slackware 9 and you don't need most of it, just the parts I included). Run ldconfig if things do not work the first try.

If you have AT&T phone line you can probably get their $15/month Basic service. Unless you live too far from them. You will have to change any mail programs not to use port 25 which ATT blocks.