baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 02:30:24 +0100

Okay, after trying for some days I've given in and am now running
ipchains perfectly. Again, I'd like to thank you for your help.
However, I am still having some problems, which I'd love to get some
help with. I don't know if this goes under compiling with BL3, but
it's related to installing stuff - just say the word and I'll make a
new thread for it instead.

I'm trying to install Python. Slackware 8 has a Python package
(ftp://ftp.slackware-brasil.com.br/slackware-8.0/slakware/d1/python.tgz),
and I am able to install it without errors. However, when I try to run
it, I get the following errors:

python: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by
/lib/libpthread.so.0)
python: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by
/lib/libpthread.so.0)

I've tried installing the glibc package from SW. Do I need another
version? That would be strange, considering that they're both from the
same SW version...

PS: "Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded" from my
PSS: When I'm done with this I plan to set up an Apache HTTP-server
and write down the process I used to get the server to where it is
now. I hope this can be of some benefit to the community.