baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 03:17:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I can compile a kernel with the correct support maybe tomorrow if
someone will tell me what to change.  Steven, would your 'big' kernel
work if he did not need 2.4 for other purposes?

Wasn't iptables introduced in 2.4? According to netfilter.org,
"iptables requires a kernel that features the ip_tables packet
filter." I assume that means ip_tables.o. It'd be great if you could
do that.

I already compiled and posted it last week and asked in a recent post whether it worked for you. Did you need other modules or built-in support for anything related? Read the kernel Documentation/Configure.help
CONFIG_IP_NF_*

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/ip_tables.o

Also do some online research. Maybe you also need other modules:
iptable_nat
ip_nat_ftp
ipt_LOG
ipt_mac
ipt_state
ipt_MASQUERADE
ip_conntrack
ip_conntrack_ftp

This list is from Packet Filtering Lectures ........... by Mateti.
http://www.cs.write.edu/~pmateti/InternetSecurity/Lectures/PacketFilter/index.html

I'd really love to, but I am still unable to compile my own kernel.
When I try to make, I get the following errors:

tables.c: In function `acpi_table_init':
tables.c:557: warning: implicit declaration of function `acpi_find_rsdp'
tables.c:570: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
(long list removed here)

Search on these error messages for hints on what went wrong or is missing.

Did you upgrade all the other packages used for compiling, not just glibc and gcc? I listed them in another post.