baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 23:30:41 +0100

> I can compile a kernel with the correct support maybe tomorrow if
> someone will tell me what to change.  Steven, would your 'big' kernel
> work if he did not need 2.4 for other purposes?

Wasn't iptables introduced in 2.4? According to netfilter.org,
"iptables requires a kernel that features the ip_tables packet
filter." I assume that means ip_tables.o. It'd be great if you could
do that.

> My kernels were compiled to let me share a modem connection with one
> computer
> as the default gateway.
>
> You can take my kernel config and modify it (make menuconfig), make dep,
> make bzImage yourself  Copy confvsp.431 (or whatever it is called) to
> /usr/src/linux/.config then make menuconfig.  less confvsp.431, read
> the docs in kernel source code, to see what needs changing.

I'd really love to, but I am still unable to compile my own kernel.
When I try to make, I get the following errors:

tables.c: In function `acpi_table_init':
tables.c:557: warning: implicit declaration of function `acpi_find_rsdp'
tables.c:570: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tables.c:570: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tables.c:572: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tables.c:573: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
tables.c:575: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tables.c:584: warning: passing arg 1 of `acpi_table_get_sdt' from
incompatible pointer type
tables.c: At top level:
tables.c:42: warning: `acpi_table_signatures' defined but not used
make[3]: *** [tables.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd/installs/linux-2.4.31/drivers/acpi'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd/installs/linux-2.4.31/drivers/acpi'
make[1]: *** [_subdir_acpi] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd/installs/linux-2.4.31/drivers'
make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2