baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 03:36:59 +0000 (UTC)

Did the ip_tables.o module work at all?
No, it did not. Insmod told me that the device was busy. I even tried
deleting the ipchains binaries because I read you can't run ipchains
and iptables at the same time.

Apparently something else is missing here. Some quick web research suggests you might need something related to nat, whatever that is.
Or you have inserted ipchains and then also ip_tables and you cannot have both at once.

As far as I can gather, ipchains is unable to do any sort of port
forwarding - in other words, send any packets that arrive at a
specific port on the WAN side to a given IP on the LAN side. Also, the
tool that seems to be used for this sort of thing, "ipmasqadm portfw"
doesn't seem to be working, I get the following errors when trying
"ipmasqadm portfw -l":

I just searched on 'ipchains' and "port forwarding" and the first hit is:
Port Forwarding with Iphains. An in-depth tutorial.......
Next hit (using alltheweb) is about port forwarding with Ipmasqadmin.
Lots more hits. Keep trying with ipchains. You might need additional modules.

Do you need ipfwadmin.o? I can compile that but please make a list of all possibly needed modules so I can do them all at once.
CONFIG_IP_NF_* - there are LOTS of these (44?) specific to hardware (?)
CONFIG_IP6_NF* still more of these

portfw: setsockopt failed: Invalid argument
Could not open "/proc/net/ip_masq/portfw"
Could not open "/proc/net/ip_portfw"
Check if you have enabled portforwarding.

There is no such directory as /proc/net/ip_masq, and no file at
/proc/net/ip_portfw. I'm not sure where I should check for enabled
portforwarding. I couldn't find anything at slackware - but then
again, I might be looking for the wrong thing.

Probably you need more modules (not just ipchains in the kernel).