baslinux - [BL] About Usb modules

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] About Usb modules
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:15:50 -0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Thanks for the info on EeePC.

I was trying the additional kernels listed on the HomePage on a
Desktop Pentium 3. (old kernels version 2.2.26)
They work great with the modules in Sindi webpage, except the Usb modules
for flash memory (I have a Kingston 1GB usb)
In other kernels I usually insmod the following
usbcore.o
usb-uhci.o
usb-storage.o

But with SindiĀ“s modules, when I insmod usb-storage.o
there are errors about some scsi functions missing,
so I tried inserting the scsi-mod and the errors go away
but when I try to mount my Usb flash with
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/Usb
it fails. the error message says that I need a special block device
to mount it? What I am missing ?
Can you help me, please
Thanks for your attention,
Bye!