baslinux - [BL] CYCAS 3.9 architectural CAD for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] CYCAS 3.9 architectural CAD for BL
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 02:14:30 +0000 (UTC)

Requires GLIBC 2.3 (or 2K, XP, or VISTA). If Firefox works this should work for you. A closed-source program. Free for linux.

I had to provide name and address and then downloaded about 3MB of .deb file (to /download or /tmp).
To unpackage a deb file:

ar -x cycas*deb tar -zxvf data.tar.gz (throw out the other two files created). It produces lots of files in opt/cycas39 and also /usr/local/bin/cycas39 and cycas39_verbose. These two wrapper scripts tell it to cd to /opt/cycas39 and run the binary ./cycas.real

readme in /opt/cycas39 says to run an install script which disappeared during the transition from deb to tar.gz. So I copied the files manually to directories of my choice.

I put the cycas39 directory in / not /opt
cp -a opt/* /

Copy the wrapper script(s):
cp usr/local/bin/cycas39* /usr/local/bin
(The verbose script lets you know that it can not set locale modifiers, which is related to the glibc version and happens also with opera).

I edited both these wrapper scripts to delete /opt/ and change de_DE to en_EN which may not be necessary.

Now typing cycas39 cd's to /cycas39 and loads /cycas39/cycas.real.

You could instead of using this wrapper script simply cd to /cycas39 and type cycas.real. (Similarly to running seamonkey or firefox from a self-contained directory).

ldd cycas.real lists libXi.so.6 (needed also by Seamonkey and Firefox), libXext, libX11, libm, libc, libdl, ld-linux. No GTK or QT or Cairo/pango... Qcad has far more dependencies.

I have Xfree86 libX11.so.6.2 (version 4, needed for SJPhone) but the Slackware 7 libX11.so.6.1 version (3) may do.

I have not tried in BL3 with glibc 2.3.6 (it did not work for Firefox).

Sindi Keesan