baslinux - [BL] Reading manual pages

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Reading manual pages
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:40:27 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, one thing I find difficult about BL is that it only has a small
selection of man pages that can be read.
>From what I can see, it is neccessary to install groff in order to
see any more. This is pretty crazy because the groff package is
huge and no doubt will have additional dependances. Also I
doubt that I would use groff for anything else.
Does anyone know of an alternative to this? Surely with all
the minidistros around, someone will have come up with something?

BL has its own way of dealing with a few manpages, but Im guessing
that this wouldnt be viable to extend to all the pages which
come in different directories and probably different formats.

Perhaps this isnt an issue for people who know Linux thoroughly
but for someone like myself who is trying to learn, and constantly
needing to read man pages, its a real problem.
Ian.

--
Bye now, Ian.

info@freedomnet...&....org....&...uk