baslinux - Re: [BL] Replacing sh with bash

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Replacing sh with bash
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:23:38 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Steven, pointing the symlink /bin/sh to bash seems to have
done it. What was confusing me was that the variable SHELL remained
set to /bin/sh. This also confused Midnight Commander, which
continued to see the shell as sh, which it doesnt fully support.
Setting SHELL=/bin/bash in /etc/profile seems to have sorted this.
Only problem with it now that I can see, is that aliases set in
profile are still not honoured by MC. "dir" is not recognised
in MC, for example. Is there a way round this or is MC just
broken?

Ian.

--
Bye now, Ian.