baslinux - Re: [BL] Reading manual pages

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Reading manual pages
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:02:40 +0000 (UTC)

Im not online fully, just dialup. Collecting some of that stuff
to read offline. I gave up and put groff on, from SW 10. I had
to put on glibc anyway because after Ive got X working Im
going to install Opera. Man is working ok now but it breaks
BL's less. -- segmentation error. Had to use the less from
SW10. Thanks, Ian.

I am fully online whenever I dial the (free) ISP.

Since you have glibc already, get Slackware 7.1 man2html

Make a script named man (or manh, or ...)

zcat `find /usr -name $1.*gz` | man2html | lynx -stdin

This should find man pages anywhere in /usr and display them.
(You will also need lynx).

or
zcat filename.gz | man2html > filename.html

and view with links (or elinks, dillo, opera, netrik, arena...)

You can use a browser to convert the html to plain text.

Bye now, Ian.