baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:15:50 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Russell wrote:

> i am on dial up at present because I am about to
> go travelling. I got as far as putting in user
> name, password, isp phone number etc but don't know
> which port the modem uses. All I know is the phone
> line plugs into the RJ?? thingie on the side.

Can you use that modem with Puppy? If so, does the
Puppy config file show which port is being used?
Otherwise, you could use microcom (in BL3) to check
the modem ports (there are only 5 or 6 possible ports).

> Oh and another thing. Menu entries that are like ^MN.

I don't understand. Which menu entries?
JWM? mail? I can't think of any menus that
have entries like that. Please tell us which
menu you mean.

^M could be a control code (with N the real character).
You sometimes see such control codes at the end of
lines when you examine (in Linux) a file written in DOS.