baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 04:16:48 +0800

Hi Steven

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. I have used Puppy Linux for
a few years but this is a new learning curve.

This laptop has four partitions.
FAT32 with Win98
1 GB EXT2 I made for BL
EXT2 for Puppy
Linux swap for Puppy

I don't know if I am installing BL1 or BL3. I tried the dos version
but it didn't work and I did not want to mess with autoexec.bat etc.
I was attracted to a hard drive install.

I do have another laptop running Puppy 4.00 from a live CD and am
wondering if I may be better to put BL on that one instead of Puppy
and thus avoid having to deal with LIlo. This might be a good way of
learning about this distro.

Have also downloaded the floppy version but did not have any spare
floppies last night to try this.

What would you recommend?

Regards
Russell