baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing BasicLinux to hard drive
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:13:06 +0800

Well i have had some success. I used the E500 Compaq which has a
floppy drive and created a basic dos system using the Win98 boot disk.
Created a 100 MB dos partition and a 200 MB Basic Linux ext2
partition. Unzipped the BL3-50 file in Puppy Linux and copied the
files to the baslin directory on the dos partition and it all worked.

I suppose the next thing is to get the modem going. i am on dial up
at present because I am about to go travelling. I got as far as
putting in user name, password, isp phone number etc but don't know
which port the modem uses. All I know is the phone line plugs into
the RJ?? thingie on the side.

Oh and another thing. Menu entries that are like ^MN. How do they
work? Do I type all three characters or does the ^ symbol mean
something?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Russell