baslinux - Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:10:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Thanks for the info :) . The card is *almost* working. But not quite!
I did what other posters said above, and after that I ran the script
/etc/pcmcia/start. This results in several lines of information, with
some being quite serious (I wish I could get the text right off the
laptop but it has no pcmcia floppy drive x.x). Those lines are (after
running /etc/pcmcia/start);

Apr 10 18:09:25 cardmgr[23]: Card Services release does not match
..
..
eth0: pcnet_reset_8390() did not complete.
(Note there's no network card in this laptop, only the netgear wireless)
..
..
pcnet_cs: unable to read hardware net address for io base 0x240
Apr 10 18:09:25 cardmgr[23]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: No such device
Apr 10 18:09:25 cardmgr[23]: exiting

Having said that, the light on the card (a green LED) *does* light!

Green light is a good start.

Are you sure you have the correct card and device lines for this card? It looks like it is bound to pcnet_cs. The BL pcmcia config is not complete (I am not in BL now, cannot check) and Steven may have set it up to use pcnet_cs by default for all network cards, and you need to put in the specific lines for your card. Look in the Slackware config (pcmcia.tgz) for your card and copy the lines for it, and then the device lines for the driver to which it is bound.

Write back if you need help with this, or read the pcmcia howto.

Sindi

ljones