baslinux - Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:36:54 +0000 (UTC)

Put this at the top with the other device
lines.

-------------------------------------
card "NETGEAR MA401 Wireless PC Card"
manfid 0x0156, 0x0002
bind "orinoco_cs"
-------------------------------------
Put this with the other card lines.
You may need to change the manfid
numbers to match your card.

What you put on the first line is not important and can be shorter, just to remind you which card it is.

cardctl ident gives the manfid number. I have one network card that does not have any manfid. I was able instead of the manfid line to use
version " ", " ",
(inside the " " put ALL the info given for product info).

If you have two cards with the same manfid that use different modules, you NEED to use version not manfid (that happened to me).

See the pcmcia howto for lots of info on network cards. 166 80 col pages.

cardctl is not included in BL. Does cardmgr report the same info?

I have to reboot when I change between pcmcia network cards or they won't work. Is there some other way to do this (a reset, eject...)?

Has anyone succeeded in using a wireless router as a bridge (to pick up a neighbor's wireless signal)?

To configure your wireless parameters, you
may need to do something like this:
module "orinoco_cs" opts "parameters go here"

Steven once suggested
opts "port_type=1"
which works for me.