baslinux - [BL] Remote X with dropbear (was Re: dropbear and shadow)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Remote X with dropbear (was Re: dropbear and shadow)
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 01:48:29 +0000 (UTC)

I think in order to use remote X I need to pick IP numbers in hosts, so I plugged the two computers together via crossover cable and used 192.168.1.1 and .2 instead of IP numbers assigned by the router.

Now I get errno 111 instead, meaning the indicated server does not exist. So I started X on the desktop (server) and typed xv on the laptop (client) and xv appeared on the desktop.

If I start X on the laptop, it appears on the desktop.

The remote X mini-HOWTO says remote X is very insecure and any login and password typed in X on the client will not be encrypted. If I got this working, I should log in with dbclient before starting X, and probably not access any site requiring logging in.