baslinux - Re: [BL] 3COM PCMCIA, BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 3COM PCMCIA, BL3.5
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 06:41:18 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Steve wrote:

> Then executed //etc/pcmcia/start/ and got a high beep...
> then another high beep, success! /ifconfig/ was reporting
> eth0 and /dmesg /showed the PC card as 3c589_cs. No errors yet.

Good, you are nearly there.

> I tried to get an address from the router

Have you tried setting the address manually?
--------------------------
ifconfig eth0 xxx.xx.xxx.x
--------------------------
Substitute the real address numbers for the x's

> by running /udhcpc/ and it couldn't find //dev/urandom/

That's simply solved by adding /dev/urandom:
------------------------
mknod /dev/urandom c 1 9
------------------------

Note: if you set the address manually, then you
don't don't use udhcpc. They are two alternate
ways of establishing your address on the network.

> cardmgr /is giving the error "/Card Services release
> does not match/"

Ignore. It's not an error, just a warning.

> I'm not by any means a Linux guru or even a Linux user,
> and I am piecing this together solely through use of
> Google.

You've made a huge amount of progress. You're nearly
there. Don't give up.