baslinux - Re: [BL] don't want e2fsck to run on every boot

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] don't want e2fsck to run on every boot
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:29:55 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

> When you asked about the counting method, I assumed
> you had already got the "dirty shutdown" method
> working.

And here is the method described in that 3 Feb 2007
post:

>> You can do this by putting the following at the
>> beginning of the e2fsck line in /etc/rc
>> -----------------------
>> [ -e /etc/check-fs ] &&
>> -----------------------
>> This is a conditional that checks for the existence
>> of a flag (check-fs). If the flag exists, the command
>> after && will be executed.

Is that what you did? No.

> I assumed I didn't need to do any troubleshooting for
> it to work.

The reason for troubleshooting was because you did not
follow the instructions. You did not put the conditional
at the beginning of the e2fsck line (i.e. the e2fsck command
string does not follow the &&).

follow the &&