baslinux - [BL] don't want e2fsck to run on every boot

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] don't want e2fsck to run on every boot
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:14:05 -0500 (CDT)

I was looking in the archives for a solution to having e2fsck check the hard drive on every boot, as BL 3.5 seems pre-configured to do. It's a bit of a problem on my new laptop since it has a 6 GB hard drive and it takes quite a long while to check. I found an older post by Steven that describes a way to get e2fsck to check the hard drive not on every single boot, but only when the drive was umounted uncleanly. See https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2007-February/012915.html for that post. In the present posting I just want to check whether the resolution to the problem of e2fsck running on every boot as given in that somewhat dated post is still valid. Is that the way I can keep my current BL 3.5 from running e2fsck on every boot, or is there some more recent and/or preferable solution?

Thanks,
James