baslinux - Re: [BL] classical radio playlist

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] classical radio playlist
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 04:18:01 +0000 (UTC)

Re mplayer script:

Couldn't get any of the executables to execute. :(
At least, not in BL2.

I use them all in BL2.
Do you have mplayer from David Moberg?

Yes.

mpg123 from Slackware?

Yes.

Did you load the sound drivers first? (I sometimes forget).

Yes.

Were you online?

Yes.

I read that some webcasts are not accessible outside the country. Did you
try the Australian one?

Yes.

I just got the error message to the effect: Cannot execute

And I did check they _were_ executable, and made them so AGAIN.

I can use mplayer to deal with the ectual broadcasts, it was just the
collection of scripts from your archive that would not run.

Anybody else get them to run ?

Regards,
Ron

What was the exact message?

I just unzipped to a new directory. I have '.' on the path so can run executables from any places. I typed ./rad and it all works. Did you unzip to some place on the path such as /usr/local/bin? Type set to get a line with your path. What files in BL2 and BL3 set the path?

24K sounds great and I can still type email at sdf, but about once per line I have to wait for the text to catch up with my typing. Does the streaming audio come in bursts? My connection is 40-50K.

A message about not connecting means they are busy. ITU was busy just now. It is probably morning there in Istanbul.