baslinux - Re: [BL] classical radio playlist

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] classical radio playlist
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:41:48 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:40:04 +0000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>> Mplayer will also play webcast TV programs. See the archives for a list
>> of low bandwidth ones that display in 3" diagonal 'screen'.
>> And DVD movies. What else will it do?

I have recently become aware that mplayer is able to download and
save streaming-only audio and video streams. :)

I use a script along the lines of:

mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile name_of_saved_file.extension
mms://url/file_name.extension

All above on one line, of course.

The above works very well even with Real, WMV, Ra, MP3 streams. So far I
haven't come across a stream that it has not been able to save once I
have given it the correct URL to the file. Not yet sure of how to do it
with playlist addressess, but I am sure it can be done, too.

>> Let it snow. (We got nearly half a meter in the last couple days).

Half your luck ! It has been hot here.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke