baslinux - Re: [BL] classical radio playlist

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] classical radio playlist
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 04:13:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:40:04 +0000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Mplayer will also play webcast TV programs. See the archives for a list
of low bandwidth ones that display in 3" diagonal 'screen'.
And DVD movies. What else will it do?

I have recently become aware that mplayer is able to download and
save streaming-only audio and video streams. :)

I use a script along the lines of:

mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile name_of_saved_file.extension
mms://url/file_name.extension

I presume it also works with rtsp:// and http://

All above on one line, of course.

The above works very well even with Real, WMV, Ra, MP3 streams. So far I
haven't come across a stream that it has not been able to save once I
have given it the correct URL to the file. Not yet sure of how to do it
with playlist addressess, but I am sure it can be done, too.

Is there some way to trim off the ends of saved mp3 and other files, rather than waiting for the announcement to end before recording?

Let it snow. (We got nearly half a meter in the last couple days).
Half your luck ! It has been hot here.

It hit +4C last night (-16C) and a bit warmer tonight.
If we traded weather we would have a slushy mess here.

Good weather to play with computers.

Sindi

Regards,
Ron