baslinux - Re: [BL] how do you move files to/from your local net ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] how do you move files to/from your local net ?
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 13:48:42 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Czerno wrote:

> How do you most easily exchange/view files with
> other connected Lin/Win PCs ?

Can you run a FTP/HTTP server on those machines?

> SAMBA, I guess, is not an option.

There is an smbclient package for BL3.

> I played with the busybox HTTPD for a few minutes,
> a reproach is it can't seem to be able to display
> directory listings

I got around this by writing a script to automatically
generate an index.htm with a clickable list of files
in that directory. Tell me if you want a copy.

> I also thought of using nc/netcat.

That's what the BL3 send/receive scripts use. If you
have netcat on the other Lin/Win machines then you will
be able to use send/receive.