baslinux - Re: [BL] Change keyboard layout in non-X console

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Change keyboard layout in non-X console
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:45:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi! This is Czerno...

--- in baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org, Sindi wrote :

(... someone wrote:)

>> Now I would like to get the same keyboard layout in the consoles
>> (Ctrl+Alt+F1,F2,F3). I have read in how-tos about a command
loadkeys but
>> it doesn't seem to be available in BL3.50. Does anyone know how
one
>> should do to change the keyboard layout when not i X?

> kbd.tgz from Slackware has loadkeys.
>
> I put four three lines in my rc in order to change just two keys,
> but
> you can loadkeys swedish.map.gz (or whatever you are using for
> Swedish) to
> change the whole keyboard.

I could follow youradvice and install loadkeys for my own French kbd.

If you're not tired of repeating the same "basic" things over and
over for stoopid noobies, would you please detail the steps from
downloading the package to an appropriate (which?) directory to
getting it installed and running. for a start, I used Links to
navigate to a Slackware repository and found the page with the
correct package, so we might start from that point.

Been away from BL for a few weeks and forgotten what few tricks I'd
grasped before - and can't even find the baslin notes I'd written
down (insert ashamed penguin smilie here)

Regards !

--
Czerno