baslinux - Re: [BL] ifconfig no such device

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ifconfig no such device
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 02:00:26 -0800

Hello,

I am using BL 3.5 in its two-diskette manner, not hard drive, and now
have 3c509.o on floppy that I copy to
/lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/3c509.o. Thanks, Steven. I then perform the
insmod 3c509 with standard output like this:

insmod 3c509
using /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/3c509.o
insmod: init_module: 3c509: Device or resource busy

I think that tells me that I do have a
/lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/3c509.o module, and I consider that progress.
Nothing is said about permissions, so I believe I am alright in that
respect. Is the resource (3c509.o) busy, because it is loaded into
RAM? Actually, I get the same results when I mount the floppy with
3c509.o on it and specified its path, like so:

insmod /fd/3c509.o

So the resource is not necessarily busy? The device is?

As I hate bothering the mailing list with such basic stuff, I believe
I will have to learn to browse the archives.

Thanks again,
Asahel