baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 04:27:53 +0000 (UTC)

Refers to remote-file instead of remote-directory, which does not work.

The help file is still wrong for 1.1.0 and 1.3.2, and if I try to follow the instructions it says my file name is not a directory.

Someone filed a bug report on this 9-1-06 for busybox version 1.2.0 and the busybox people decided to close this bug without fixing it, if I understand correctly.

It has kept me from using ftpput and is likely to do so for any new users of BL3.50. Could correct instructions be posted at the BL site?

Samir's 53K ftp program works properly and I think would fit on the second floppy of BL3.50.

How much smaller is busybox without ftpput and wget? Wget is not really needed if you have links and ftp.