baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:09:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================

Sindi wrote:

I don't think this wm is designed for keyboard navigation.

That is not correct. jwm works fine with an ordinary
keyboard. If you persist in using a weird keyboard,
you will have to make some adjustments. Fortunately,
the jwm keyboard commands are user configurable.

An IBM 'Windows' keyboard works if I use the non-number-pad arrow keys. I need to work on keyboard setup some more.

I was hoping to access the menu without a mouse.

With an ordinary keyboard, I am able to access the
menu without a mouse. It works fine.

I can get to an rxvt without a mouse, but then I need to move the mouse pointer to on top of the rxvt to use it.

The mouse pointer starts in the center, but when I load the rxvt it moves to the upper left outside of the rxvt.

Could the rxvt be loaded in upper left so as to have the focus without the need to move the mouse pointer to the rxvt? I see in the JWM menu only a size, not a location, of the rxvt.

If I move the mouse pointer off of the rxvt it still remains in focus.

Is there some other way to start an rxvt that is usable without needing to move the mouse first?

I am booted directly into BL3.50 (via loop fs.img) and then I chrooted to the old BL3 to dial with lucent modem.