baslinux - Re: [BL] latest svgalib and xpdf, was Re: Which is Smaller, X or Svgalib?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] latest svgalib and xpdf, was Re: Which is Smaller, X or Svgalib?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:54:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, sindi keesan wrote:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/svgalib-0.925alpha-glibc225-suid.tgz

This version containg libvgagl.so.1.9.25 and libvga.so.1.9.25.
The latter used the default Makefile.cfg and supports all video chips.

I compiled also

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/libvga.so.1.9.25-small - 260K

This is for most of my video chips (about 1/3 of what is on the list, including vesa, fbdev, trident, tseng, s3, chips, neomagic, nvidia, ati rage, rage128, matrox millenium, i810 - I skipped oak and cirrus and ati amd sis).

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/libvga.so.1.9.25-nv3-vesa 170K
Nvidia (Riva) plus vesa. (FBDEV produces a black screen and disables that
vt until you reboot - it has worked on other cards but is not needed).

Riva works with the above library file, chipset NV3 and chipset VESA.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/libvga.so.1.9.25-i810 161K

I would appreciate someone testing the i180 driver so I don't need
to crawl under the desk and open up a tricky case and pull out the PCI video card we replaced onboard i810 with. You can download my zgv package to test with.

I commented out the stuff about testing for RAMDACS but it made no size difference.

I don't know if the smaller drivers use less RAM. Can't test right now without another vt.