baslinux - Re: [BL] latest svgalib and xpdf, was Re: Which is Smaller, X or Svgalib?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] latest svgalib and xpdf, was Re: Which is Smaller, X or Svgalib?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:31:23 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/svgalib-0.925alpha-glibc225-suid.tgz

Contains the latest libvga and libvgagl with symlinks and the libvgaconfig.file with 'nohelper' line in it needed to run svgalib programs without the new module, which would not compile
for on kernel 2.4.

alpha - it messes up my console video on exit (Matrox Millenium 8MB card) and I need to log out and in, but the older version did the same.

suid - without the helper module, which would not compile, svgalib still makes direct calls to hardware and must be run with root privileges. chmod +s zgv, links2, bmv.

There is svp svgalib viewer for ps and pdf which only needs pbmraw and bmp256, not the full ghostcript, for vga. I will investigate later.
By the same author. 12K source package. I will add it to a later package along with the two required programs above.

I did not include documentation - does anyone want it?
Or demos and test programs and utilities.

The libvga.config file is self-explanatory. Fill in your own monitor horiz and vert sync and your mouse info. If it does not work right try chipset VESA or chipset VGA and report the bug.

Default configuration which omits probably buggy video card support. Still does S3 and Cirrus.

I sent the author my error messages.

There is already a libc5 binary for 1.4.3.