baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:53:12 +1030

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:38:06 +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> The answer to this question (and many others) may be found
> in the Linux HOWTOs. You will find the HOWTOs in many
> places. Here is one:

> http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-4.0/docs

Thanks! I've saved that link!

> I suggest you download the Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO
> and read the section entitled "Delete and Backspace"

Unfortunately I lost the sense of it once I got into the third
paragraph. That's mainly because I don't understand what they are
talking about.

I'll read it again later when I am more familiar with the terms
they use.

BTW, I managed to find a copy of that book that Sindi recommended
at one of the online book houses. New for about AU$115, used for
AU$57. I have ordered a used copy which should be here in a
couple of weeks.

Unfortunately the transaction had to be done on the W98 computer
because of the https pages.

But for now, I'll keep "playing" with BL, and wait for that book.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v