baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Greg Mayman wrote:
BTW, I managed to find a copy of that book that Sindi recommended
at one of the online book houses. New for about AU$115, used for
AU$57. I have ordered a used copy which should be here in a
couple of weeks.

I recommended the 1999 version, used, which is $1 at used book sales here.
Third Edition. Slackware 4.0 era. Did you get the latest edition?

Unfortunately the transaction had to be done on the W98 computer
because of the https pages.

Try Opera - see Steven's instructions. Or lynx (see my site).

But for now, I'll keep "playing" with BL, and wait for that book.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v