baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: Greg Mayman <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:10:33 +0000

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:33:52 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> If you download Opera, get one for Slackware 8.1 (or 9.0), and you will
> also need to add the library files in Steven's xlibs.tgz package (or some
> similar name) and the Slackware 8.1 (or 9.0) glibc solibs package, or at
> least a few library files from it. Slackware 8.1 has version glibc 2.2.5,
> and what I downloaded would only work with a later version 3.2.3, and that
> version of the library will not work with the BL kernel, so it gets
> complicated.
>
> I know Opera 8.54 for Slackware 8.1 will work (with the added X libraries
> and glibc files).

I think I understand most of that, but it's one heck of a lot for a new user
to get his head around.

> We can get five hours/day for $4/month from one place.

I get unlimited access, in max 4 hr bloacks, for AU$5.85/month from the other
ISP.

> It would be cheaper to write them all and have only one account.

Probably would. But the ones that would be real tricky are the services where
I'm registered by my email address.

This is my first attempt at replying to an email in sylpheed.

I don't understand the editor. The backspace acts like forward-delete. I have
to put it at the START of the stuff I want to remove, not at the end, and it
works just like the Del key. I keep erasing the stuff I want to keep......

Sheesh! A whole paragraph disappeared just then when I pressed the Del

What gives? Have I set something wrongly?