baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:22:46 +1300

Greg Mayman wrote:

> > If you download Opera, get one for Slackware 8.1 (or 9.0),
> > and you will also need to add the library files in Steven's
> > xlibs.tgz package (or some similar name) and the Slackware 8.1
> > (or 9.0) glibc solibs package, or at least a few library files
> > from it.
>
> I think I understand most of that, but it's one heck of a lot
> for a new user to get his head around.

You will find a full explanation at the BL3 site.
Click on: "How to install Opera on BL3"

> This is my first attempt at replying to an email in sylpheed.
>
> I don't understand the editor. The backspace acts like
> forward-delete.

I'm using the Sylpheed editor right now (as I type this).
The backspace acts exactly like a backspace should.
Something is wrong with your setup. We should be able
to fix it.

> Sheesh! A whole paragraph disappeared just then when I
> pressed the Del key!!!!!!!

Did you have that paragraph highlighted? If a block of
text is highlighted, the delete key deletes all of it.