baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:22:29 +1030

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 00:47:37 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> For Opera it is Shift-G, which they don't put on the menu in recent
> versions. Or right click and 'reload' (load, in older versions).

I used Opera 3.6.2 several years ago on Win311, but i don't remember
much about it. But I'm pretty sure it didn't do full email. I had to
load Foxmail for that.

> Links and lynx will display individual images, or set up lynx with links2
> -g (graphical) to reload the page with embedded images.

There ya go! I really do need to learn a lot!

> Links2 in graphical mode can be set to display all or no images and I
> think to also load one image at a time. It does some javascript.

That's one step above Arachne. How is it with secure sites?

>> The other thing I love about Arachne is that it is an integrated
>> browser and mail handler.
> So is Opera. So is lynx or links, if you use webmail.

I don't know webmail. What is it?

I am used to downloading my incoming mail, reading and answerring it
offline, then uploading the outgoing at the next connect.

Learning something different is.... well, not quite impossible <GGGGG>

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v