baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:44:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Greg Mayman wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 00:47:37 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

For Opera it is Shift-G, which they don't put on the menu in recent
versions. Or right click and 'reload' (load, in older versions).

I used Opera 3.6.2 several years ago on Win311, but i don't remember
much about it. But I'm pretty sure it didn't do full email. I had to
load Foxmail for that.

Version 7 does mail, so does 8. They are up to 9 now.

Links2 in graphical mode can be set to display all or no images and I
think to also load one image at a time. It does some javascript.

That's one step above Arachne. How is it with secure sites?

Not so good. Use lynx or opera. I set lynx up with links (graphical and text-only) as a downloader to view sites that need tables. Is there a way to use lynx as a downloader (external program) in links?

I set both lynx and links to use mplayer on streaming audio, and zgv as viewer (or xli in X). Links is set to use pmail at mailto:, could not figure out lynx.

So is Opera. So is lynx or links, if you use webmail.

I don't know webmail. What is it?

See fastmail.fm No need to download, probably faster if you use dialup.
gmail yahoo mail pobox.sk Search on 'free mail'. ISPs also offer it. No viruses.

I am used to downloading my incoming mail, reading and answerring it
offline, then uploading the outgoing at the next connect.

POP mail

Send $1 to sdf.lonestar.org to read mail with mutt or pine and reply online, or use webmail (slow).
Sindi

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v