baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 04:11:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I wonder how many newbies gave up without letting us
know why. We should thank this one.

Umm, you can thank him if you want, but I won't.
Some of us have made a genuine effort to help him,
but he has shown no gratitude whatsoever. In fact he
has not even acknowledged that we've tried to help him.

I agree that he is an ingrate, but he still performed a useful service by pointing out where newbies have problems.

I don't know if he actually got our emails (or postings to the archive) - can you tell?

I would expect someone living in Australia to realize
that he's not going to get immediate answers to questions
(because most people on this list are sleeping when he's
asking questions).

As a resident in the South Pacific, I am well aware that
Aussies are less evolved than their more cultured cousins
in the Northern Hemisphere, but that's no excuse for him
acting like a jerk.

Yes he was a jerk, but an informative one.