baslinux - Re: [BL] Eznet -- Getting There

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Eznet -- Getting There
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:44:15 +0000 (UTC)

0 idle 0

idle

This parameter records the number of seconds of inactivity that
will cause the PPP connection to shutdown. The default value is
300 (5 minutes). If you set it to 0, then no idle timeout will
occur.

Steven added the chat 0 when I complained about being kicked offline while writing an email at a shell account for more than 5 minutes, which was interpreted as inactivity.

As for 'idle', mine is set at the default, and I can't see
how that would be a problem.

You don't write emails online at a shell account.

Lee

SI

Also an acronym (French) for Systeme Internationale of units.
And a method of growing crystals. Out of context.